Why is Orgasm denial a thing?

For discussion of topics not specifically relating to anal sex or the anal only lifestyle.
fantasizing-realist

Why is Orgasm denial a thing?

Post by fantasizing-realist » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 pm

My veiw on it is the same veiw I have on "Teasing": "You're just beating around the bush; get your pants off already.

I mean if it's for sadomasochistic purposes, wouldn't it be more fun to go in the opposite direction? Induce Sensory overload. If I ever get married (I'm saving myself), I won't take "I'm getting sensitive right now" to mean "stop," I'll take it to mean "Go harder, go faster you goddam sexual tyrannosaurus."

analsexonly
Site Admin

Re: Why is Orgasm denial a thing?

Post by analsexonly » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:11 pm

For a variety of reasons.

A buildup of arousal through suppression of release over a period of time can make the occasional, less frequent orgasm significantly more powerful and satisfying.

For others, orgasms—especially clitoral orgasms—can be a pleasurable and satisfying release in the moment, but are emotionally draining and disappointing after the fact, a sort of downer that makes a person feel bad after it's happened and lose interest in sex for extended periods of time after. Orgasm denial/clitoral denial possibly combined with anal orgasms (which don't have that effect for many people) can be a way around this, allowing pleasure along with a constant buildup of arousal and no emotional crashes post-orgasm.

Alittle-flower

Re: Why is Orgasm denial a thing?

Post by Alittle-flower » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:11 pm

For me, it creates a heightened sense of self and awareness of my body. Plus, to be honest, having someone in control of that, for me anyway, makes me ache and drip in ways that I can't describe.

Also, like explained above, sometimes after a clitoral orgasm, I crash a bit and lose sex drive and interest. This is part of what brings me to this forum, hoping I can have my first anal only orgasm and not have that impact :)