Lubricants

General discussion of the anal only lifestyle. If it doesn't fit elsewhere or isn't a personal comment or question, it probably goes here.

What kind of lube do you use for anal?

Water based (such as KY)
41%
Silicone
19%
Petroleum Jelly (such as Vaseline)
7%
Oil based (such as olive oil, baby oil)
7%
Saliva
7%
Natural vaginal lubricant
4%
Other
4%
None
11%

Total votes: 27

Robert

Re: Lubricants

Post by Robert » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:33 pm

KY because that is always the one recommended. Works ok for us.

Marquis

Post by Marquis » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:11 pm

I'm actually surprised by how many people here are using KY. I would think a little experimentation with silicone based lubes like my personal favorite, Wett Platinum, would change that.

marcus

Post by marcus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:24 am

Marquis wrote:I'm actually surprised by how many people here are using KY. I would think a little experimentation with silicone based lubes like my personal favorite, Wett Platinum, would change that.

Because it is cheap, readily available and known to be safe? I personally always found it perfectly adequate, safe for the fact the for some reason these water based lubes occasionally seem to cause a slight stinging or burning sensation when applied to my wife's anus.

the2beans

Post by the2beans » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:53 am

Marquis wrote:I'm actually surprised by how many people here are using KY. I would think a little experimentation with silicone based lubes like my personal favorite, Wett Platinum, would change that.

Not everyone has the same preferences, though. My wife and I have done much experimentation with many lubes and neither of us enjoy silicone lube at all. We use water-based lube sometimes and other times we use coconut oil. We prefer the feeling of coconut oil but we dislike how much harder it is to clean off afterwards. Water-based lube is great because it washes off quickly and easily.

amorous945

Post by amorous945 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:10 am

I was really hoping that I'd like the silicone based lubricants, but I found them to be too thick for me, which actually diminished sensitivity for me to the point of feeling like I was wearing a condom. I know that some people swear by it, and maybe I should try another brand, but for the time being I've gone back to water based lubricants. The best lubricant that I ever used was a suppository called "Lubrim" or something like that. After insertion, it would dissolve very quickly and provide long lasting lub and plenty of it.

LuvMyWifesAss

Post by LuvMyWifesAss » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:58 am

I have to agree with Marquis. Wet Platinum silicone lubricant is our favorite. Some of the other silicone lubricants can be too thick and tacky, and water based lubricants don't last nearly long enough.

analonlygirl

Post by analonlygirl » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Coconut oil really is good. We use a lot of that. And we have silicone based "Pjur Woman Bodyglide" which is the silicone lube I like the most.
Yeah oil and silicone is harder to wash off but I think the nicer smoother glide is worth it compared to water based!

(he gets to put it in my butt, I get to pick the lube, it's only fair! :D

Also in the beginning when we started we got a marinating tool (used in the kitchen to make meat dishes. You guys know, I'm sure. I have no idea what they're called in english). With that it's easy to squirt some lube up higher into the anus, so we used that to add water based lube and then used silicone or oil on his dick.

Right now we don't even have any water based at home I think. We don't really use it anymore. It gets so sticky after a while. :x

the2beans

Post by the2beans » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:55 pm

analonlygirl wrote:Coconut oil really is good. We use a lot of that. And we have silicone based "Pjur Woman Bodyglide" which is the silicone lube I like the most.
Yeah oil and silicone is harder to wash off but I think the nicer smoother glide is worth it compared to water based!

(he gets to put it in my butt, I get to pick the lube, it's only fair! :D

Also in the beginning when we started we got a marinating tool (used in the kitchen to make meat dishes. You guys know, I'm sure. I have no idea what they're called in english). With that it's easy to squirt some lube up higher into the anus, so we used that to add water based lube and then used silicone or oil on his dick.

Right now we don't even have any water based at home I think. We don't really use it anymore. It gets so sticky after a while. :x

I think the item you're referring to is called a turkey baster in English. Just out of curiosity, though, what is your native language? You write like a native speaker, IMO.

analonlygirl

Post by analonlygirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:12 pm

the2beans wrote:
analonlygirl wrote:I think the item you're referring to is called a turkey baster in English. Just out of curiosity, though, what is your native language? You write like a native speaker, IMO.

Writing is easy. Speaking isn't as easy. I live in Sweden and all kids learn english in the schools. I've been chatting with english speaking people online since I was 14, so you learn more that way, easily. Also, watching movies, tv shows in english, reading websites in english, listening to music with english vocals. It adds up and you learn quickly. If you want to. :)

marcus

Post by marcus » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:37 am

I've known a number of swedes, and their English, both written and spoken has always been excellent. A slight accent has been the only giveaway that it wasn't their native language.