Chat with others on the Anal Only Lifestyle Discord Server

General discussion of the anal only lifestyle. If it doesn't fit elsewhere or isn't a personal comment or question, it probably goes here.
analsexonly
Site Admin

Chat with others on the Anal Only Lifestyle Discord Server

Post by analsexonly » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:04 pm

[Update August 15, 2017] After going through two previous iterations (kik, then IRC), we're now officially moving to a Discord server by popular request. IRC is great when it works right, but not many seem to want to use it these days, and the easy to use web chat clients never quite work right for most people. So, IRC is out, Discord is in. You can connect via the web, or desktop and mobile apps. If you leave and come back, you can catch up on the conversation that went on while you were away. You can message each other even when one isn't online. It's pretty great! Come join us and check it out.

To join, click here.

P.S. I've updated the old IRC post that was present here, so the first few pages of discussion that follow will relate to IRC.

Krista

Re: Chat with others in the Anal Only Lifestyle IRC Channel

Post by Krista » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:26 am

This link doesn't seem to work while the other one you had up the other day did.

Not sure if this issue is just me.

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:00 pm

This is frustrating. The IRC network, Undernet, appears to limit access via the web IRC clients to a certain number of connections (to the entire network, not just our channel) at a time. You can always use an alternate IRC client (e.g. on your phone), IRCCloud, Mutter, Colloquy or others, otherwise trying again later via the web link should work. Hopefully a more reliable solution for a web connection can be found.

Swirl

Post by Swirl » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:20 am

It was working fine, but now i cant get in.

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:53 am

I saw you rejoin for a few minutes and then leave, but not again since. If you have issues connecting with mibbit, try again after a few minutes. Connection issues should be mostly nonexistent if you use a direct IRC app on your computer or phone, though mibbit is usually easier for people to get started with when it works.

Kawolf

Post by Kawolf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:09 am

So quiet in there
Why don't we use other apps?
We had a group on Kik and I didn't know :(
"I love the name of Honor, more than I fear death". Gaius Julius Caesar

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:23 am

The kik group has a size limit of 50 people and most just join and sit there, blocking access to everyone else. I'm not shutting it down, but it's not suitable for the number of people who want to participate. IRC is open and accessible to all, but is currently suffering from not enough lurkers who hang around until more people join and start talking. Just a whole bunch of drive by people connecting, hanging out for a few seconds and not seeing anyone talking in those few seconds, and leaving. So if you want it to be less quiet, spend more time there.

MissChief

Post by MissChief » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:05 pm

IRC is the place to be :D

singleinDC

Post by singleinDC » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:42 am

scioness wrote:IRC is the place to be

... in nine-teen-nine-ty-three.

Kidding, kidding... it's good times. :D

Jack

Post by Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:14 am

Too bad about the limit. I'm very busy, and so all I can do is listen in to conversations and contribute only when I have something useful. That lets me out of IRC. BTW, 120 days of Sodom is a disturbing paean to child molestation and murder, totally off what I thought was our preferred topic of anal only committed relationships between adults.