What's qualifies as "losing your virginity" to you?

General discussion of the anal only lifestyle. If it doesn't fit elsewhere or isn't a personal comment or question, it probably goes here.

What's qualifies as "losing virginity" to you?

Any sexual contact
13%
Having any of oral, anal, or vaginal sex means losing virginity
9%
Having vaginal or anal sex, but oral doesn't count
43%
Having oral or vaginal sex, but anal doesn't count
No votes
Only having vaginal sex makes one not a virgin
35%

Total votes: 23

singleinDC

What's qualifies as "losing your virginity" to you?

Post by singleinDC » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm curious to what you all feel about this. Virginity doesn't have a universal meaning today...

analsexonly
Site Admin

Re: What's qualifies as "losing your virginity" to you?

Post by analsexonly » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Intercourse (anal or vaginal) would be the more traditional definition, but that excludes lesbians and so any sexual contact has become more common. I tend to not use it generally and instead use "vaginal virgin" and "anal virgin" when referring to the concept at all.

Strident

Post by Strident » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:58 am

For me, I would say vaginal is the key thing.

I guess I tie that into fertility family making and child bearing.

I actually has anal before vaginal, and in my head all the while I had never had vaginal I still considered myself in some sense "a virgin"

MrsCanassman

Post by MrsCanassman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:35 am

analsexonly wrote:Intercourse (anal or vaginal) would be the more traditional definition, but that excludes lesbians and so any sexual contact has become more common. I tend to not use it generally and instead use "vaginal virgin" and "anal virgin" when referring to the concept at all.

thanks analsexonly. I voted vaginal and anal but not oral, but I realize I've also referred to first time experiences as "losing my (fill in the blank) virginity" ie. Vegas virgin, roller coaster virgin, tattoo virgin, etc. So.... Can I change my vote? ;)

Kelly_ukf

Post by Kelly_ukf » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:47 am

MrsCanassman wrote:
analsexonly wrote:Intercourse (anal or vaginal) would be the more traditional definition, but that excludes lesbians and so any sexual contact has become more common. I tend to not use it generally and instead use "vaginal virgin" and "anal virgin" when referring to the concept at all.

thanks analsexonly. I voted vaginal and anal but not oral, but I realize I've also referred to first time experiences as "losing my (fill in the blank) virginity" ie. Vegas virgin, roller coaster virgin, tattoo virgin, etc. So.... Can I change my vote? ;)

I would use those terms to like bingo virgin (still am) Vegas virgin anal virgin atm virgin fisting virgin etc all work well

singleinDC

Post by singleinDC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Kelly_ukf wrote:
MrsCanassman wrote:

I would use those terms to like bingo virgin (still am) Vegas virgin anal virgin atm virgin fisting virgin etc all work well

I don't think a lot of women lose their bingo virginity until they're 70. But once they try it, they're hooked.

singleinDC

Post by singleinDC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Strident wrote:For me, I would say vaginal is the key thing.

I guess I tie that into fertility family making and child bearing.

I actually has anal before vaginal, and in my head all the while I had never had vaginal I still considered myself in some sense "a virgin"

That was always my impression. Biblical and ancient sources (who invented the concept, anyway), seem to use it to refer to a woman's being deflowered -- typically with the breaking of the hymen.

It's an artificial construct, anyway, and the word's become even more useless because it's become so ambiguous.

Sgt_Valk

Post by Sgt_Valk » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:59 am

Young women break their hymen all the time from washing too roughly in the area, or playing with themselves before sex... it is almost more uncommon for a woman to have an intact hymen prior to having sex due to common things such as tampons, fingers or cleaning... many women break it before they have their first period.
The Sgt

MissChief

Post by MissChief » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 pm

I don't think "virginity" is a general thing. It's very specific to me, like vaginal virginity, anal virginity, etc. A "virgin" I think would be someone who hasn't had any sex with anyone, even if it's nonpenetrative.