The AO Generation & AO-Centric Mindset

General discussion of the anal only lifestyle. If it doesn't fit elsewhere or isn't a personal comment or question, it probably goes here.
younganalaficionado

The AO Generation & AO-Centric Mindset

Post by younganalaficionado » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 pm

I want everybody to take this thread with a grain of salt and sort of just have fun with it! So I've been reading through the AO Tumblr and sort of became fasnitated by the idea of the anal only generation and then came upon an older thread titled, "anal only centric education," which is sort of what I'm basing this new thread on.

I'm very curious what y'all think about educating America's young adults about the AO lifestyle. Being 22 years old, I'm actually very glad that I was able to find this community, but with close peers I can't help but notice an ignorance around anal; that it's not a legitimate form of love making and that they can rush into it! If given the opportunity I try to educate them myself and I think overall I've helped create some stronger relationships because of it.

It also got me thinking that if I ever had a son, I would probably want to encourage him to follow this lifestyle when he came of age and I would need to have to the birds and the bees talk with him. So am also curious what some of you might have to say in similar situations.

adventurista

Re: The AO Generation & AO-Centric Mindset

Post by adventurista » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:00 pm

I wish someone would have explained it all to me when I was 14-15. Sex ed back then was pretty vague and only focused on the basics of reproduction. Since I went to high school in the 70's and 80's, it was before the internet, so not may places to get useful info. The first time I tried anal with my girlfriend at 16, I had no idea what I was doing and caused her to bleed. So, I think that since anal is a very useful alternative to vaginal sex, especially for the young who are going o have sex regardless of what culture/religion or environment they live in, it would go a long way to preventing unwanted pregnancies for those that don't have access to the pill. But it could also save a lot of young women from painful attempts at first-time anal that would put them off for years...or life. So...yep, I am all up for promoting AO for those who wish to make that informed decison!

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:43 am

A similar question just came up on the blog.

Essentially, I think it would perhaps be inappropriate to advocate for AO within that context, but I do think that anal should be given a fair representation and proper technique should be taught to avoid injury and other potential risks.

younganalaficionado

Post by younganalaficionado » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:35 pm

I think that's an issue tho, that we have a system that teaches that sex is only for pro-creating without putting much into the more personal aspects of sex as well as talking about the choices people have during sex, like anal. I think we get it right with safety, i.e. using a condom and etc., but most teens and young adults are interested in that, most of the time they aren't even in love , yet they're putting themselves at the risk of unwanted or unplanned pregnancy.

Although I think anal can be more intimate than vaginal, it's also provides a bit of leeway because it's also for pleasure which again a whole of people, young and old, don't know how to explore yet.

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:02 pm

I think sex-ed should probably be neutral in discussing the role of sex and prioritizing one form over another, it should just neutrally talk about anal, oral and vaginal, and how to do each safely. People will figure out the rest on their own pretty easily. It also shouldn't put a focus on sex being for procreation, as 99% of it is not.

LuvMyWifesAss

Post by LuvMyWifesAss » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:45 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with Adventurista. My wife and I have often mused that if the thought of anal sex had crossed our minds, especially for the purpose of birth control, we likely would have started having anal sex much earlier. I know it would have saved us a lot or nervous waiting for the results of a pregnancy test. The powers that be, though, don't seem to acknowledge anal sex as a form of birth control. I don't remember the exact numbers right now, but many point to a study where anal sex supposedly performed poorly as a form of birth control. However, the study clearly states that those who were using anal sex as a form of birth control had vaginal sex also. Well, that's like saying condoms are a bad form of birth control if the participants of the study didn't wear them.

Like anasexonly, I think sex education should be well rounded and include anal sex as something just as natural as vaginal sex is portrayed. As a part of that, the fact that anal sex is an excellent form of birth control. I can remember how impulsive we were as teens, leading to having sex many times without condoms. At least we would have been protected from unwanted pregnancy if we had been practicing anal only sex.

FarmerDan

Post by FarmerDan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 pm

My information might be out of date now but at least until recently anal sex was included in standard sex ed classes for Australian secondary schools along with information about non-standard gender.

I don't know much about the actual content (another Aussie might be able to chime in here) but I gather the goal was to stop young guys traumatising their girls by forcing anal sex on them without preparation or consent.

Of course this sort of stuff drives conservative politicians and their voters nuts so there have been various attempts to get the classes to stick to 'standard' sex acts. I'm not sure what if any success they've had.

Interestingly enough the stats show that the current crop of young adults are significantly less interested in getting laid than their predecessors. I wonder whether demystifying sex takes all the fun out of it? If anal was widely accepted and regarded as the best way to have sex I wonder how many of those here would turn to the now rare vagina?
It's a lifestyle folks not a 2 minute sprint

younganalaficionado

Post by younganalaficionado » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Great answers everybody! I'm still rather curious on how one might pursue the birds and the bees talk with an AO mindset tho. Would you want to be more neutral or would you be more biased with your experiences?

Also it's rather interesting to know that some other countries do have a more thorough way of teaching sex Ed.
FarmerDan wrote: Interestingly enough the stats show that the current crop of young adults are significantly less interested in getting laid than their predecessors. I wonder whether demystifying sex takes all the fun out of it? If anal was widely accepted and regarded as the best way to have sex I wonder how many of those here would turn to the now rare vagina?

I'm sure if more people knew how great anal was then maybe there lives would be so much better :D but regarding less sex I would think it's because today's young adults are generally more driven towards finding stability before starting a family. Not to say that we're not horny and fuck all the time, but often times a quick hook up is just a stress relief before we get down to real work, but deep down we're still searching for that one person.

younganalaficionado

Post by younganalaficionado » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Well, if the time had come and I was looking at the fruit of my very loins straight in the eye, I think the first thing I would bring up is the basics: condoms, baby making, STDs, etc basically all the stuff thats on paper. Now from that point on I would start to bring up the more intricate forms of intamacy. I remember reading somewhere that when parents give the talk they often leave out that sex can be pleasureful and varied.

Being a self proclaimed anal aficionado, I would definitely bring up how great anal is, although depending on how early we would be having the talk, I would probably be more vague with that. I would say that if he was more into his manhood years (±16~18) I would be way more open to talk about the anal only lifestyle. I would definitely want him to explore and by no means force this way of life onto him, but just explain the benefits and definitely be a resource for him no matter the situation. I would bring up how to take things slow and not rush into things, relationship wise and anal sex wise. Of course the importance of consent and how to make a girl really love a good a anal session.

Haunter

Post by Haunter » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 pm

I remember my sexual education short course in high school. It was lighter than basic, but not very much more. I felt that talking about sex openly in school was still a sort of taboo to some extent. I don't know if it's due to being in Italy, but I feel that the average mind set is not a very open one, sadly. This is my impression at least...
Think, it's free ;-)