Biological basis for anal sex

General discussion of the anal only lifestyle. If it doesn't fit elsewhere or isn't a personal comment or question, it probably goes here.
analcomeonly

Re: Biological basis for anal sex

Post by analcomeonly » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:57 am

Ozzy wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:50 pm
Yes, there are anal only women here and anal enthusiasts, just as there are everywhere else. But there's no anal gene, as much as there's no gay gene. And obviously, said gene is not prevalent among Portuguese people, and it's not prevalent in any specific race.

Anal sex has more to do with culture, than with biology. Some cultures are more acceptive of anal sex. Others are less acceptive.

Culture is certainly the main driver. The reality is that most people adopt whatever they see around them as "normal". As far as sex goes, things like fellatio that used to be considered crude are now commonplace. Meaning that most people will make an assumption with a new sex partner that oral is on the menu, unless told otherwise. Most people just fall in line with those cultural expectations. At the end of the day all these "taboos" are just in our minds.

Anal is quickly getting to that level of cultural acceptance. There will come a tipping point where anal play is generally assumed to be part of hetero sex, unless told otherwise. I would argue that finger/buttplug play is probably there already; anecdotally almost all hetero women are open to being plugged these days.

On the genetics of anal receptiveness I have two anecdotes:

First, I've gotten very skilled prostate messages a few times in my life, and have discovered that prostate massage does nothing for me. Zero. Other guys love it so much they can come from prostate stimulation alone. I wouldn't know how to explain that different other than genetics.

Second is the huge variation in the type of skin around the anus itself. My wife unfortunately has thin skin that doesn't tolerate stretching and friction very well; after we do anal it's usually a few days before the rosebud is back to normal. Earlier in life I had a girlfriend who could take anal all day with no harm to her skin at all. This has a practical bearing on the frequency of anal sex.

UnicornMom

Post by UnicornMom » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:03 am

So our buttholes were a form of currency

analcomeonly

Post by analcomeonly » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:12 pm

UnicornMom wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:03 am
So our buttholes were a form of currency

Sex was definitely a form of currency. We can see that very clearly in the apes, our closest animal relatives. Females trade sex for food and protection all the time. In the case of Bonobos, females also have sex with other females as a form of coalition-building.

Below is a recent study on the Himba, a traditional culture in Namibia where most married people engage in so-called extra-pair mating, or what in the west would call infidelity. Over 75% of married people – men and women alike – have at least one outside partner. For the women in particular, the outside partner is a source of additional support and resources. Genetic testing shows that an incredible 48% of children are fathered by an extra-pair mate, not the husband, although within the culture the husband raises all children as his own. Subsistence-level primitive societies like this are probably our best guess for what humans were like in a pre-agricultural era.
https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.aay6195

The butthole part is I think well-supported when you consider how pleasurable and well-adapted the butthole is for sex, and how anal sex was commonplace at the dawn of recorded history which suggests an origin in the earliest days of human evolution.

Backdoorlover

Post by Backdoorlover » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:21 am

I would even say anal sex had been made taboo by christianity to avoid birth control, cause in our modern society children represent currency. Every child is born with a debt over it head, which it needs to earn in it’s lifetime.

The worst thing that can happen in our current society is that people choose to not have kids. Countries will have no resources anymore and go bankrupt.

That’s why anal needs to be understood as bad.
Backdoorlover’s quote:

“Ass to mouth is the only right way to have sex”🔥

hasani2222

Post by hasani2222 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:25 pm

It's such a fun hole. Every day is a new day to think about ass, assholes, fucking them. Maybe the explanation of too many people on the planet and natural form of birth control fits well. I like anal for what it is despite evolutionary what it represents. You're telling me there's a perfectly round, wet, velvety hole/sleeve that fits my cock (well with practice haha) and feels wayy better than pussy?! Crazy not to enjoy it at least some of the time. Maybe I am a pervert because it feels so natural to me. Some may ask what's the evolutionary benefit of anal...to me it seems that over time as human sexuality has evolved, women are increasingly better at pleasuring men and using her asshole is nature's second gift. I wonder when blowjobs became normal. I can imagine having no lube, you'd naturally want to get the dick wet before fucking. haha

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:34 am

About Ancient Greece sex between young men and older male. From what i know, Pederasty sexual relationship was usually non-penetrative so it might not have anal sex included.
But anal sex culture definitely existed in Ancient Greece, Courtesans used it as method of contraception, and there are examples of vases, with anal sex depiction.
And at all, love and buttocks were so synonymous, that symbol of love actually invented from curves of woman behind

hdean667

Post by hdean667 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:13 am

The speculation is interesting. The bottom line to determining this would be whther it improves fitness or if it is attached to something that improves fitness. So, how would fitness be improved if women/men enjoyed anal? You know, since we are going down that hole anyway.

analcomeonly

Post by analcomeonly » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:16 pm

hdean667 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:13 am
The speculation is interesting. The bottom line to determining this would be whther it improves fitness or if it is attached to something that improves fitness. So, how would fitness be improved if women/men enjoyed anal?

My own guess is that anal sex was a substitute for vaginal sex when the latter had a significant social cost. Examples:
  • A woman wanted to retain her virginity for marriage, to increase her mate value. Anal sex is (still) used in many religious communities when a woman wants to save herself for marriage. The "poophole loophole" has been a fact in Christian communities for many years. Females who are willing to engage in anal sex well before marriage would stand a better chance of retaining her prospective spouse's affections, and would also signal to him a high willingness to satisfy his sexual needs.
  • A woman wanted to engage in prostitution without risk of pregnancy and/or STIs. In either case – pregnancy or disease – her economic value as a prostitute would be harmed so she would have good reason to avoid vaginal intercourse.
  • A woman in a long-term relationship wanted to avoid having more children.
On the last point above, I learned that sea otters do something called "delayed implantation", wherein after sex an embryo is maintained in a suspended state in the mother for up to several months prior to implantation. What determines the timeline is the availability of resources: If the mother gets enough food then she will implant, otherwise she will delay until she does, or eventually discard the embryo. Anal could be a human method for achieving the same kind of natural birth control.

hdean667

Post by hdean667 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:51 pm

analcomeonly wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:16 pm
hdean667 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:13 am
The speculation is interesting. The bottom line to determining this would be whther it improves fitness or if it is attached to something that improves fitness. So, how would fitness be improved if women/men enjoyed anal?

• A woman wanted to engage in prostitution without risk of pregnancy and/or STIs. In either case – pregnancy or disease – her economic value as a prostitute would be harmed so she would have good reason to avoid vaginal intercourse.
  • A woman in a long-term relationship wanted to avoid having more children.

Not intending to be a dick, but the last two points tend to indicate you don't quite understand what "fitness" means. Or, if you do, you brought in two things that appear contrary to fitness and will have to explain how anal would improve their fitness.

Colt1911

Post by Colt1911 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:20 pm

@hdean667 my smart ass answer is the sphincters are muscles and muscles should be exercised, so anal sex can improve fitness… at least sphincter fitness!