So just how common is this?

General discussion of the anal only lifestyle. If it doesn't fit elsewhere or isn't a personal comment or question, it probably goes here.
KeepItReal

Re: So just how common is this?

Post by KeepItReal » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:15 am

analsexonly wrote:A minority of people polled in most sex surveys admit to having even tried anal once. So I wouldn't say it's mainstream yet. It's mainstream in certain communities, perhaps, but not on the whole. There are areas where a majority of (ignorant) men are opposed to the idea of anal and it's seen as a gross, "gay" thing to do, despite being with a woman. It is not at all infrequent for me to hear from women who report they would love the opportunity to be anal only but they can't find a man willing to do it with them.

Interesting... where exactly do you keep meeting these women?
The ASS, The Whole ASS, And Nothing But The ASS !!

marcus

Post by marcus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:29 am

analsexonly wrote:A minority of people polled in most sex surveys admit to having even tried anal once. So I wouldn't say it's mainstream yet. It's mainstream in certain communities, perhaps, but not on the whole.

Minority?
We're all having more sex, and more kinds of sex than ever before, and we're getting sexually active at younger ages. But the "big story," as Slate writer William Saletan puts it, is anal sex! In 1992, a similar survey found that 16 percent of women aged 18-24 had tried it. Now the number is more like 40 percent. And in 1992, the highest percentage of women in any age group who admitted to anal sex was 33 percent. Now it's 46.

Saletan goes on to say: "The last time I looked at the anal sex data, I figured that most women who reported having done it meant they'd tried it just once. I was wrong. … One-third of these women say they've done it in the last month. Among all women surveyed, the number who reported anal sex in their most recent sexual encounter was three percent to four percent. That's a lot of butt sex. And remember, this is what women are reporting. If anything, they're probably understating the truth.

This is from http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a54 ... tatistics/

Sounds mainstream to me.

marcus

Post by marcus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:32 am

KeepItReal wrote:
analsexonly wrote:A minority of people polled in most sex surveys admit to having even tried anal once. So I wouldn't say it's mainstream yet. It's mainstream in certain communities, perhaps, but not on the whole. There are areas where a majority of (ignorant) men are opposed to the idea of anal and it's seen as a gross, "gay" thing to do, despite being with a woman. It is not at all infrequent for me to hear from women who report they would love the opportunity to be anal only but they can't find a man willing to do it with them.

Interesting... where exactly do you keep meeting these women?

For about the first time ever I find myself in agreement with KeepItReal :o

I'm positive the situation is the reverse: Most men can't find a woman willing to be anal only.

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:40 am

40% is a minority.

marcus

Post by marcus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:03 am

analsexonly wrote:40% is a minority.

Oh come now. I accept that technically you can define it as a minority, but nevertheless at 40% we are talking about HUGE numbers. And this is old data. How is 40% not in any way mainstream? For example, in the UK between 7-11% of the population are vegetarian - clearly a minority - but clearly regarded as a mainstream lifestyle.

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Fair point. You are certainly correct that it's a large number, even if it is less than half of the female population.

As for encountering women who are or would like to be anal only but don't often meet a man willing to do it, they make up a decent percentage of the single anal only women out there on tumblr, fetlife, kik, etc. The fact is that while many people may like to incorporate anal into their sex life, it's definitely a minority of both men and women who are willing to try excluding vaginal sex in favor of anal. We speculate that more men than women would be in favor of anal only, but I'm not sure if that's necessarily the case. It certainly might be, but I've gotten contacted by half a dozen or more women in the past year who love anal and would like it more often or all the time but have partners who think it's gross or gay or just don't want to do it.

My point simply being that hangups and misconceptions about anal don't seem to be gender specific, and it can be hard for both anal only men and women to find compatible partners.

LuvMyWifesAss

Post by LuvMyWifesAss » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:02 pm

analsexonly wrote:As for encountering women who are or would like to be anal only but don't often meet a man willing to do it, they make up a decent percentage of the single anal only women out there on tumblr, fetlife, kik, etc. The fact is that while many people may like to incorporate anal into their sex life, it's definitely a minority of both men and women who are willing to try excluding vaginal sex in favor of anal.

In the nearly 10 years I have had the anal only blog I have conversed with at least six women who preferred anal and wanted to know how to motivate their husband or boyfriend to go anal only.

In contrast I have conversed with literally hundreds of men wishing their wife or girlfriend would go anal only.

Based on this, I would assume it is easier for a woman to motivate their husband or boyfriend to agree to anal only than the other way around.

I believe there is a much higher percentage of couples who regularly engage in anal then these surveys indicate, as many may not answer truthfully. However, I would agree the number who only have anal sex is probably minuscule.

theanon1212

Post by theanon1212 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:18 pm

I didn't mean for you all to argue! I guess this won't be easily resolved. Many thanks for all your answers.

KeepItReal

Post by KeepItReal » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:36 am

marcus wrote:For about the first time ever I find myself in agreement with KeepItReal :o

I doubt it will ever happen again! :lol:

KeepItReal

Post by KeepItReal » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:42 am

analsexonly wrote:As for encountering women who are or would like to be anal only but don't often meet a man willing to do it, they make up a decent percentage of the single anal only women out there on tumblr, fetlife, kik, etc.

So not women you have met in real life - just (supposed!) women you met online...
These online "persona's" shouldn't be taken too seriously as they could just be dudes pretending to be female - or women who are playing to mens fantasies to build up a following etc...
The fact is that while many people may like to incorporate anal into their sex life, it's definitely a minority of both men and women who are willing to try excluding vaginal sex in favor of anal.

I agree, which is perhaps why this place is so quiet - the forum would be much more popular if the focus was about including Anal, instead of excluding vaginal... Anal Included Lifestyle :idea:
but I've gotten contacted by half a dozen or more women in the past year who love anal and would like it more often or all the time but have partners who think it's gross or gay or just don't want to do it.

Again I gotta ask, were these in real life or just online?
My point simply being that hangups and misconceptions about anal don't seem to be gender specific, and it can be hard for both anal only men and women to find compatible partners.

True. I think this is because an AO relationship develops and evolves over time between a happy couple - it's not something that most people are actively seeking from the moment they become sexually active, especially women...