Anus health

Curious about the anal only lifestyle or anal sex in general but have questions or concerns? Ask away here.
taylork

Anus health

Post by taylork » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:04 am

My girlfriend recently read something about anal cancer and links to anal sex. We hadn't thought about this before but we dont want to stop AO. But what we'd like to know is should she tell her doctor she has alot of anal, are the risks about the same as vaginal and should it be a worry or not?

analsexonly
Site Admin

Re: Anus health

Post by analsexonly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:51 am

I may be wrong, but it's my impression that the primary risk factor for anal cancer as a result of anal sex is HPV infection. Simply having anal sex with a clean partner doesn't cause cancer. Unsafe sex toys and lubricants could potentially cause it, but I've never heard of it actually happening in practice. I would not worry about this at all.

LuvMyWifesAss

Post by LuvMyWifesAss » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:56 pm

taylork wrote:My girlfriend recently read something about anal cancer and links to anal sex. We hadn't thought about this before but we dont want to stop AO. But what we'd like to know is should she tell her doctor she has alot of anal, are the risks about the same as vaginal and should it be a worry or not?

Although HPV is not considered an STD in the traditional sense, just like an STD, you have to be infected to transmit this to her. HPV also causes cervical cancer. Therefore, either way, if you were infected she would be at an increased risk for cancer (rectal or cervical).

I would recommend everyone get tested, and receive the vaccine if they are not infected.

This said, if you are not infected with HPV, there is no risk to her. If that's the case, you can cum in her ass a million times and she would not be at risk. So, keep pumping her rump.

From an article on About.com:

Question: How Do You Get HPV?

Answer: Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a virus that is transmitted through sexual, skin-to-skin contact. Penetration is not required to transmit the virus from one person to another, just skin contact. It can be passed through vaginal and anal sexual contact, and less commonly, via oral sex.

Because HPV can be passed on by sexual contact, not just penetration, prevention can be difficult. This makes HPV very common, affecting more than 20 million Americans. Condoms provide limited protection because there are parts of the genitals that are left unprotected during intercourse.

taylork

Post by taylork » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks for the information. We've both only ever had unprotected sex with each other so i guess nothing to worry about. Just wanted to be sure about it as much as we both love anal i didn't want to do her any harm.

prettypink

Post by prettypink » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:38 pm

As the others have said the cause is HPV virus and since you say you've both only had unprotected sex with each other then you both have nothing to worry about.

LuvMyWifesAss

Post by LuvMyWifesAss » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:43 am

prettypink wrote:As the others have said the cause is HPV virus and since you say you've both only had unprotected sex with each other then you both have nothing to worry about.

As the quote from the article states:

"Because HPV can be passed on by sexual contact, not just penetration, prevention can be difficult."

Therefore, HPV can be readily spread, even with the use of a condom. This is why it is so prevalent and such a danger. The article even states it can, on some occasions be passed via oral sex. How many of those who use condoms for penetrative sex use them for oral sex?

marcus

Post by marcus » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:15 am

taylork wrote:My girlfriend recently read something about anal cancer and links to anal sex. We hadn't thought about this before but we dont want to stop AO. But what we'd like to know is should she tell her doctor she has alot of anal, are the risks about the same as vaginal and should it be a worry or not?

This sounds like the kind of things put about by the usual anti-anal brigade. For years they've been saying women will end up shitting themselves, now they also say they'll get cancer :roll:

Nothing in life is risk free, but this has to be low down on the list of things to worry about I would have thought.

myttia

Post by myttia » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:37 pm

marcus wrote: This sounds like the kind of things put about by the usual anti-anal brigade. For years they've been saying women will end up shitting themselves, now they also say they'll get cancer :roll:

Nothing in life is risk free, but this has to be low down on the list of things to worry about I would have thought.

Yes, you can get throat cancer from it too - check out Michael Douglas claiming the 1000s of women he went down on giving him cancer (kinda funny in a way).

Anal is just as risky as vaginal and oral.

As for the 'shitting' themselves bit, thats bogus too. I told a friend of mine about my kinda going AO now with my guy and she was suprised, but told me about her cousin being AO as well! My friend has been curious about it for a long time, but has only done anal a few times as her long term guy was kinda not into it, but they split recently. So we ended up talking over drinks (got a little giddy!) with her cousin who's in her late 30s and has been AO for like 10+ years with her hub, and her guy sounds pretty huge! She has no issues with any control or leakage or whatever, which was something my friend was worried about.. only issue is that she jokingly worried she might not enjoy small guys anymore lol.

taylork

Post by taylork » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm

myttia wrote: As for the 'shitting' themselves bit, thats bogus too. I told a friend of mine about my kinda going AO now with my guy and she was suprised, but told me about her cousin being AO as well! My friend has been curious about it for a long time, but has only done anal a few times as her long term guy was kinda not into it, but they split recently. So we ended up talking over drinks (got a little giddy!) with her cousin who's in her late 30s and has been AO for like 10+ years with her hub, and her guy sounds pretty huge! She has no issues with any control or leakage or whatever, which was something my friend was worried about.. only issue is that she jokingly worried she might not enjoy small guys anymore lol.

Yes my girlfriends anus is even stronger now if anything. I think its actually really healthy for girls to do.

CumInAssOnly

Post by CumInAssOnly » Thu May 01, 2014 2:03 pm

My wife sometimes gets little micro-tears in the tissue around her anus after we have sex. It doesn't seem to matter how slow we go, how much stretching we do, or how much lube we use. The tears are very small (they never bleed) and they go away after a few days. She has dry skin in general so it may be related to that.

This is the only thing that prevents us from going anal-only. Right now we're a combination of vaginal and anal, and with the micro-tearing I'm a little worried to increase the frequency of anal to more than about once a week.

Does anyone else have experience with this? I wish I could post a picture to show what I'm talking about. Maybe I'll ask my wife for permission to do that. :)