Help with Water based lube.

Curious about the anal only lifestyle or anal sex in general but have questions or concerns? Ask away here.
Gregory Peck

Help with Water based lube.

Post by Gregory Peck » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:35 am

Need tips on good water based lube!
Yes i know silicone is the lube of choice for many, but i prefer water based for a number of reasons: ass to mouth or rimming for example, but also because it's complatible will all sorts of toys.

One big problem though. Most lubes i have tried on girls will cause a burning or searing/stinging sensation in her butt. Has anyone found out why this is? It is not the glycerine, nor does it seem to be the pH. Any suggestions on what to do?

F655A

Re: Help with Water based lube.

Post by F655A » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:29 am

Stop wasting money, and try the very best water based lube of all - xanthan gum powder. You find it in the gluten free food isle at the supermarket. One teaspoon mixed into a pint of boiling water. Stir, and let cool. You will have the best lube by far, and wonder why you've been letting yourself get ripped off, by buying so-called lubes that do an inferior job.

Most water-based lubes you buy contain sodium hydroxide - that's lye. No wonder it causes irritation, it's supposed to. The irritation causes natural bodily response secretions. Not good in the long run. It's much better to cause no irritation at all.

Gregory Peck

Post by Gregory Peck » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Hm... Now that you mention it i have have seen it as an ingredient in some lubes. Otherwise i might have thought you were just joking, since it sounds a bit out of the ordinary. How long will it last in a sealed bottle before it goes bad? Store in cold or room temperature? I actually have a pack of it at home. Slimy as hell. Impossible to clean of the spoon.
Thanks for the tip.

F655A

Post by F655A » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:09 pm

No joke.
Easily lasts 24 hours at room temperature. For longer than that, store in refrigerator, since it will not contain preservatives. It's a food product, after all.

At the consistency I recommended for mixing, you will find that it washes off about 6 times easier than K-Y. You can make it thicker or thinner to your preference. It leaves absolutely no sticky residue, and also seems to be a sort of surfactant. Your skin actually winds up cleaner than if you had used soap.

Also, it bears an amazing resemblance to fresh cum, which poses many titillating possibilities to the imagination.

Luckylad

Post by Luckylad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:18 am

Without sounding stupid then I take it this mix will last a while in a bottle and it doesn't matter if you ingest it either?

Thinking of making a mix for the wife for when I start playing wither her ass.

F655A

Post by F655A » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:36 am

I was thinking of asking how it worked out for you.

It's a food product, and yes, you can ingest it.

I've never put it in a bottle, since I've never had to transport it for use outside the home. I just put it in a convenient mug for dipping toys and fingers. I also draw it into a plastic syringe with smoothed edges, for squirting straight into the love canal.

At room temperature after a couple of days, it will begin to ferment. You'll notice bubbles forming in the mix. It smells slightly sour at that point, and isn't quite as slippery. In refrigerator, it keeps for weeks. Though mine almost never goes unused for that long.

Analonely

Post by Analonely » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:31 pm

As I've just answered recently: look for Pjur. They will have the right lube for you, that's for sure.

Gregory Peck

Post by Gregory Peck » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:51 am

F655A wrote:I was thinking of asking how it worked out for you.

It's a food product, and yes, you can ingest it.

I've never put it in a bottle, since I've never had to transport it for use outside the home. I just put it in a convenient mug for dipping toys and fingers. I also draw it into a plastic syringe with smoothed edges, for squirting straight into the love canal.

At room temperature after a couple of days, it will begin to ferment. You'll notice bubbles forming in the mix. It smells slightly sour at that point, and isn't quite as slippery. In refrigerator, it keeps for weeks. Though mine almost never goes unused for that long.

Well, i did try to cook some up, but maybe i have the wrong sort or maybe i just messed up technique-wise. The were way to many lumps that didnt dissolve properly. No matter how carefully i add it to the water. It's almost like it is absorbing the liquid too quickly. Any remedy for this?

Gregory Peck

Post by Gregory Peck » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:52 am

Analonely wrote:As I've just answered recently: look for Pjur. They will have the right lube for you, that's for sure.

Hi. We've tried a few of theirs. None delivers on the non-searing part, sadly. I will give that natural Xantaan another go.

F655A

Post by F655A » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Ah! Technique. Maybe you are not used to cooking..

Turn the heat down low, and stir it in with a wire whisk for about a minute. The combination of low-boil bubbles and your stirring action will tame the lumps. I usually let mine cool down overnight. By that time, there are certainly no lumps left. But I would say an hour cool-down would see any stubborn lumps to have been absorbed.