Advice about butt plugs

Curious about the anal only lifestyle or anal sex in general but have questions or concerns? Ask away here.
canadianbuttluvr

Advice about butt plugs

Post by canadianbuttluvr » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:24 pm

For the past few years my wife and I have had anal sex about once a week. Although she’s had a few orgasms while having anal sex (using clitoral stimulation) most of the time she’s doing anal for me. While that’s great, I really want her to experience intense pleasure. We’ve discussed me rimming her before anal as a way to loosen up but lately I’ve been thinking about butt plugs as a way to help her progress.

Probably at this point in our relationship, she wouldn’t be on-board with the idea of wearing a butt plug throughout the day (which as an aside would be super hot-the thought of being on a date with her while plugged knowing what would happen at the end of the night is intoxicating) so to start it would probably be something she would insert as part of foreplay. Presumably I would perform oral on her and have vaginal sex while plugged, hoping that doing so would make her more aroused and of course, opened up before we get to anal so that she is also more comfortable with penetration.

Based on this, I am looking for recommendations for butt plugs for her. And, not sure if it matters but we always use silicone lube and never a condom as we are completely monogamous.

Lastly, If anyone has any advice on how to broach the subject of butt plugs please let me know! Also, anyone have any positive experiences of having their wife or girlfriend completely “turn the corner” so to speak in that they got more into anal as a result of butt plugs?

Thanks Anal lovers!

Pluggedkitty

Re: Advice about butt plugs

Post by Pluggedkitty » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi! Both butt plugs and dildos are a great "warm up" for anal sex. And they're both pleasurable by themselves. I am partial to plugs and enjoy the feeling of wearing them throughout the day... It's a constant reminder that something's there and as you move it rubs gently. But you have to want it... And IMO wanting anal pleasure comes from experiencing how good it can be (for her).

With silicone lube, stick with metal or glass plugs/toys. I happen to prefer silicone plugs, but you have to use water based lube with them. (Love b-vibe plugs... Particularly the snug plugs. They're high quality and comfortable) Would be fine if you had multiple lubes around but if not just stay away from silicone toys.

Njoy plugs are a great metal option and nicely designed for comfort. Princess plugs are pretty but I don't trust the not-super-large handle... Once you're into anal play I think a larger handle is the way to go to prevent mishaps.

Training kits are great if you're looking to move up in size and gradually take larger objects. But a quality dildo (sized appropriately) will help with stretching since many plugs have narrow necks that aren't designed to stretch. That said, the process of inserting and removing a plug will help train the muscles to relax, which is helpful long term, but not as much for the short-term need to open.

I think the best way to find anal pleasurable, particularly as you're starting out, is to make it more about the play than the sex. Starting with a finger to stimulate nerves and work up in size will help associate the stretch with pleasure. It may take time before anal sex is pleasurable and part of that is mentally relaxing and enjoying the feelings. Once it's pleasurable for her, she'll want it for herself, not just do it for you. :)

Plugs will stretch her, but they won't provide as much pleasure unless someone (you or her) slides it in and out. I'd definitely encourage anal masturbation as that can help her explore and find what feels good for her without the pressure of impending sex... But if she's not up for that, then at least be patient and try to prolong the anal foreplay beyond what's needed to open her up. Letting her experience the sensations on a small scale for herself will help her enjoy sex down the road. And if she enjoys it, she'll be asking for it... Win win. :-D

canadianbuttluvr

Post by canadianbuttluvr » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:28 pm

Thanks, that is some really great advice! Exactly what I was looking for.

Luckylad

Post by Luckylad » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:52 am

Thats some great advice we are very much in the same boat. My partner of 18yrs has not shown interest in anal but in the last 12 months or so has started to enjoy analingus while im down on her and a recently a thumb in the ass which is more than we've ever done before. I know that she likes it because it makes her wetter when i do it but without sounding stupid would a fisting lube be any good as its a bit thicker and relax the muscles for a begineer?

Samy

Post by Samy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:01 am

Cross-post to put this question in the "advice" section:
Samy wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:12 am
I have an important question.

I wanted to be plugged non stop using this glass butt plug:

https://www.dildoshop.fr/fr/godes-plugs ... -4-cm.html

My idea was to wear it all the time, except for hygiene (shower, bathroom) and to sleep.

The plug is absolutely great and it feels right at home inside me. I have no problem wearing it non stop, I have no discomfort, and I don't ever need to lube it again after insertion using saliva (glass is great for this, and my ass naturally lubes itself when stimulated). That really made me want to wear it like you wear a bracelet or watch.

I wore it with no issue for 6 days, and the morning of the 7th day, I felt really horny waking up in my bed, so I fingered myself (something I don't usually do in bed in the morning), and... my middle finger found itself right into my ass without even feeling my anus.

The canal part of my butt plug is actually a bit wide for a plug, a bit bigger than a middle finger. The impression I got was that my "default" ass opening, because of the plug, became the plug's canal width. But I'm not sure of that.

The feeling was actually extremely hot, but I got scared that I widened myself too much forever. So I stopped wearing the plug, did Kegel exercises for days, then started wearing it again, but much more sparingly, and no more than 3 hours long.

Now, I'm definitely much easier to penetrate anally (which is great), but I feel "normal" again, and I'm actually more "conscious" and muscled back there, and my partners tell me they have much greater pleasure fucking me than before the plug.

So now, I'm thinking back about my "non stop" attempt: is there really a risk that your anus "thinks" its closure state is the plug's (and would therefore cause incontinence), or was I just relaxed that morning and willing to be fingered, and my ass opened because it wanted to, but it wasn't actually being physically too loose?

I'm confused. I want to try again wearing this plug all the time, but I'm scared. What are your experiences or knowledge regarding this?

Karasmith1978

Post by Karasmith1978 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:55 pm

Try Square Peg Egg Plug small. It's not too intimidating and feels great. It's soft and squishy so you may need to help her insert it the first time. Gives a feeling of fullness without all the sharp edges of pretty jewel plugs. Metal is great and so is glass but I've tried countless plugs in different shapes, sizes and materials and these are hands down the best I've ever worn.

Colt1911

Post by Colt1911 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:45 pm

Pluggedkitty wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi! Both butt plugs and dildos are a great "warm up" for anal sex. And they're both pleasurable by themselves. I am partial to plugs and enjoy the feeling of wearing them throughout the day... It's a constant reminder that something's there and as you move it rubs gently. But you have to want it... And IMO wanting anal pleasure comes from experiencing how good it can be (for her).

With silicone lube, stick with metal or glass plugs/toys. I happen to prefer silicone plugs, but you have to use water based lube with them. (Love b-vibe plugs... Particularly the snug plugs. They're high quality and comfortable) Would be fine if you had multiple lubes around but if not just stay away from silicone toys.

Njoy plugs are a great metal option and nicely designed for comfort. Princess plugs are pretty but I don't trust the not-super-large handle... Once you're into anal play I think a larger handle is the way to go to prevent mishaps.

Training kits are great if you're looking to move up in size and gradually take larger objects. But a quality dildo (sized appropriately) will help with stretching since many plugs have narrow necks that aren't designed to stretch. That said, the process of inserting and removing a plug will help train the muscles to relax, which is helpful long term, but not as much for the short-term need to open.

I think the best way to find anal pleasurable, particularly as you're starting out, is to make it more about the play than the sex. Starting with a finger to stimulate nerves and work up in size will help associate the stretch with pleasure. It may take time before anal sex is pleasurable and part of that is mentally relaxing and enjoying the feelings. Once it's pleasurable for her, she'll want it for herself, not just do it for you. :)

Plugs will stretch her, but they won't provide as much pleasure unless someone (you or her) slides it in and out. I'd definitely encourage anal masturbation as that can help her explore and find what feels good for her without the pressure of impending sex... But if she's not up for that, then at least be patient and try to prolong the anal foreplay beyond what's needed to open her up. Letting her experience the sensations on a small scale for herself will help her enjoy sex down the road. And if she enjoys it, she'll be asking for it... Win win. :-D

Good advice on the princess plugs. We use thick, heavy, stainless plugs from Rosebuds (not cheap but awesome toys). She loves the stretch as I slowly insert and remove them, but she loosens up so much, her ass can suck in the jeweled end of the plug. It’s happened a couple of times, but she calmly squats and easily pushes it out. I bought a 1.75 diameter stainless plugs with a wide T handle. It won’t slip into her ass and I discovered she loves a magic want held firmly against the handle. Plugs are the best and our go to anal toy.