Why be anal only?

Curious about the anal only lifestyle or anal sex in general but have questions or concerns? Ask away here.
mardobolo

Why be anal only?

Post by mardobolo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Maybe this is an obvious question and it's been covered, but I'm curious why couples here have gone entirely to anal sex (no vaginal). My wife and I do anal sex what I would consider to be quite a bit: Maybe around 30% of the times we have sex. It makes her very horny, and I love it in every way. However, she's never had an orgasm that way. The go-to position for her to have an orgasm is me stroking against her g-spot, with a vibrator on her clit. I would happily go AO, but I feel like she would be missing her main way to get an orgasm.

So I'm curious as to the reasons couples have. Medical reasons I understand: If a woman has a condition that makes vaginal intercourse painful or impossible, anal-only would make sense.

Any other reasons? (You just prefer anal, you're avoiding pregnancy, you enjoy the dominant/submissive dynamic, ...)

marcus

Re: Why?

Post by marcus » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:27 am

Why not? :lol:

If you could live or bread and water every day or eat at the best restaurant what would you do?
mardobolo wrote:It makes her very horny, and I love it in every way.

Yes, that's my wife and I too.

mardobolo wrote:I would happily go AO, but I feel like she would be missing her main way to get an orgasm.

You don't have to ignore the clit....

My wife's main way to get an orgasm is anal with stimulation to her clit. It just never worked with vaginal in the same way.
mardobolo wrote: So I'm curious as to the reasons couples have. Medical reasons I understand: If a woman has a condition that makes vaginal intercourse painful or impossible, anal-only would make sense.

Any other reasons? (You just prefer anal, you're avoiding pregnancy, you enjoy the dominant/submissive dynamic, ...)

We both prefer anal (me very much so).
She gets the most intense orgasms (multiple) every time.
I'm not particularly aroused by her vagina and became bored of vaginal sex years ago.
It has the benefit of avoiding pregnancy.
Don't care for the dominant/submissive dynamic.

MightyRearRanger

Post by MightyRearRanger » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:06 pm

The orgasms it gives women, the head trip it gives us both, and the birth control factor are all large factors for me.

amorous945

Post by amorous945 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:34 pm

For us it's actually very simple. We can achieve the same results via anal sex as we can through vaginal intercourse without artificial, desensitizing barriers, drugs or surgery. My wife and I are free to do whatever we want to do sexually, but anal just works for us. Aside from those who have no other viable option for intercourse (for medical reasons), or those who into the master/slave dynamic, I think most anal enthusiasts would say the same thing.

taylork

Post by taylork » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Like the others said. And why do vaginal when anal is way better for both of us?

mardobolo

Post by mardobolo » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Very interesting, thanks all for your perspectives.

I think the key thing that keeps us having vaginal intercourse is that my wife hasn't yet learned to experience orgasms from anal sex only and a vibrator. Since vaginal sex works for her we just keep doing that. The thing is, she is very responsive to anal sex. When I play with her butt (fingers, plug, fucking) she gushes like crazy, and when I have a plug in her butt during vaginal intercourse it makes her come extra-hard. She tells me she likes to have stuff inside her butt. So far anal has been a way to intensify the "main event", rather than the main event itself -- if that makes any sense.

It would be fun to experiment and see if she could learn to come from anal plus a vibrator against her clit. To be honest we've never really tried it but now I'm inspired! My wife is always game to try new things -- one of the many things I love about her.

marcus

Post by marcus » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:54 am

mardobolo wrote: It would be fun to experiment and see if she could learn to come from anal plus a vibrator against her clit. To be honest we've never really tried it but now I'm inspired! My wife is always game to try new things -- one of the many things I love about her.

You really should both try it. I don't believe she'll have any trouble learning to come that way - it has to be one of the surest ways for a woman to reach orgasm. And with a bit of luck soon you'll realise why we want to be AO!

mardobolo

Post by mardobolo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:00 am

marcus wrote: You really should both try it. I don't believe she'll have any trouble learning to come that way - it has to be one of the surest ways for a woman to reach orgasm. And with a bit of luck soon you'll realise why we want to be AO!

As luck would have it we got a chance to try it this morning when the kids were out of the house. She was skeptical she'd have an orgasm but...it worked! Amazingly well in fact. Three big ones in pretty quick succession. We used the same position as usual -- her laying flat, face down, grinding into the vibrator -- with me on top. Only this time I was one floor higher as they say. I really thought the different sensation would throw off her concentration.

Afterward she told me it felt very sensitive in a good way -- more intense sensations than vaginal intercourse. I'm glad it was fun for her! Of course I enjoyed it. :D

As for AO I'm not sure what my wife would think about it. Maybe it's something we'll migrate toward as we get more experience.

marcus

Post by marcus » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:15 am

mardobolo wrote: As luck would have it we got a chance to try it this morning when the kids were out of the house. She was skeptical she'd have an orgasm but...it worked! Amazingly well in fact. Three big ones in pretty quick succession.

That's fantastic news! That is usually how it goes with my wife as well, on average. Sometimes just the one but very often she'll roll from one orgasm to the next several times. As you may have noticed, it's a wonderful sensation for you too, as her anus and rectum all clench and work around your cock rhythmically.
mardobolo wrote: We used the same position as usual -- her laying flat, face down, grinding into the vibrator -- with me on top. Only this time I was one floor higher as they say. I really thought the different sensation would throw off her concentration.

It's good to start out with something you are both familiar and comfortable with, but can I suggest trying her on her side with legs raised? We do this a lot. She can focus on her clit while lifting her legs has the advantage of spreading her buttocks wider and allowing some really nice deep penetration, which I think you'll both enjoy more. Her face down with you on top will give much shallower penetration.
mardobolo wrote: Afterward she told me it felt very sensitive in a good way -- more intense sensations than vaginal intercourse. I'm glad it was fun for her! Of course I enjoyed it. :D

As for AO I'm not sure what my wife would think about it. Maybe it's something we'll migrate toward as we get more experience.

You're probably going to want to be having more anal. But it does take time for women to embrace it so whole-heartedly, even though it can be more intense for them. I wouldn't mention AO at all at this early stage, but just let things take their natural course.

Or just maybe you're going to be one of the lucky few, and now she's seen the potential, she'll be begging you for anal every time! You never know.

mardobolo

Post by mardobolo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:49 pm

marcus wrote:
mardobolo wrote: We used the same position as usual -- her laying flat, face down, grinding into the vibrator -- with me on top. Only this time I was one floor higher as they say. I really thought the different sensation would throw off her concentration.

It's good to start out with something you are both familiar and comfortable with, but can I suggest trying her on her side with legs raised? We do this a lot. She can focus on her clit while lifting her legs has the advantage of spreading her buttocks wider and allowing some really nice deep penetration, which I think you'll both enjoy more. Her face down with you on top will give much shallower penetration.

Yes! That has been our favorite position for anal for many years. (Or rather a variation where her knees are together.) It does give great deep penetration. I think it's the only position where I've gotten that magical feeling of being 100% inside, and feeling her anus at the very base of my penis.

My wife though has a very specific way of getting an orgasm. Her legs need to be straight, and her body needs to be pushing hard against the vibrator. It's the very firm pressure of pushing into the vibrator that gets her off. We've experimented with lots of other positions and nothing else works.

Since it's hard to get good penetration when she's straight like that (and her body is rigid; she tightens up all her core muscles), what we have always done is switched positions: She gets off, then we switch to a position that's better for me. I can see us doing the same for anal.
marcus wrote:
mardobolo wrote: Afterward she told me it felt very sensitive in a good way -- more intense sensations than vaginal intercourse. I'm glad it was fun for her! Of course I enjoyed it. :D

You're probably going to want to be having more anal. But it does take time for women to embrace it so whole-heartedly, even though it can be more intense for them. I wouldn't mention AO at all at this early stage, but just let things take their natural course.

We already have anal maybe a third of the time we have sex. Now that we know it gives her an intense orgasm, I think that frequency will go up quite a bit. :D Regarding AO, I would certainly prefer to go vagina-free, but only if it's something my wife would want too. Anal is just more pleasurable to me. This is probably a separate topic, but the only downside I see right now to anal is cleanup: We both feel like we need to shower together after anal, whereas with vaginal we'll sometimes just fall asleep.

Marcus I wanted to say thanks for your ideas and help! It's great to have a sounding board.