vaginal atrophy

Curious about the anal only lifestyle or anal sex in general but have questions or concerns? Ask away here.
cornhole

vaginal atrophy

Post by cornhole » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:25 am

hi folks,
consider this post a public service announcement. as i have mentioned in a few of my posts, the lovely and talented mrs. cornhole has been having some issues with her vagina. we had chalked it up to being related to candida which probably still has a bearing on the situation but ended up reading about a thing known as "vaginal atrophy" or "vaginal dryness". both of these terms are rather misleading as to the many conditions associated with this phenomenon. as mentioned, mrs. cornhole is going through menopause at the moment. vaginal atrophy is a characterized by many things including dryness of the vagina, soreness, increase incidence of infection, pain from intercourse or pain from hard or deep intercourse, vaginal muscle pain and more. my wife and i had never heard of this before but it is a common condition for many women who reach menopausal age. it just hasn't been thrust into the general knowledge of the population due to the same prudishness that accompanies knowledge of anal matters.

i feel we were quite lucky to have discovered anal in light of this as it has kept us away from vaginal sex for most of the last month. since we seem to be acting like teenagers lately in our sex frequency it has actually helped get us over a few hurdles we have encountered learning anal that works for us.

just thought i would pass this along so that it can get out there more and as a service to some of the other members who seem to be of a similar age group. use a search engine to get more info if you feel you need it. there are treatments from natural ones to chemical ones......

in closing, add this to the ever growing list of reasons to have more anal sex!

Marquis

Re: vaginal atrophy

Post by Marquis » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:23 pm

While not a factor when I first started enjoying anal, the ability to enjoy sex without any form of birth control or worry of unplanned pregnancy is quickly becoming one of the best benefits of the act for me.

marcus

Post by marcus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:52 am

I've not heard of this before. Any particular links worth reading? Just out of curiosity as we haven't used my wifes vagina in several years now, nor do we have any plans to do so.
Is this perhaps why anal sex seems to have even more appeal to more mature women?

cornhole

Post by cornhole » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:03 am

just use the terms "vaginal dryness" or "vaginal atrophy" in your favorite search engine(i use startpage because google is evil....).

plenty to see there.

if you and your wife are presently not "using" her vagina, it's probably not an issue.

marcus

Post by marcus » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:42 pm

I was aware of those potential issues caused by a lack of estrogen, but hadn't heard it called vaginal atrophy before.

All the more reason to be glad we are AO, as this will spare her all this potential unpleasantness which she reaches the menopause.

cornhole

Post by cornhole » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:23 pm

she might or might not avoid them by avoiding the pussy sex although it would seem that way. i think that since it hasn't been studied extensively as it is a relatively new-to-"science" phenomenon, some of the symptoms may just be there at menopause vag sex or no. but knowing that these things and others may happen is just good knowledge to have.

hell, i didn't know what was going on when my heretofore 20/20 eyesight started to go in my late 40's. no one ever told me that this is quite normal. i somehow managed to avoid this common knowledge my whole life....

shit. what else don't i know?

marcus

Post by marcus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:14 am

Having read now quite a few of the links about vaginal atrophy, it appears very common. Before the internet, who knew, other than those suffering, about this condition. And all the potential remedies seem to be a shot in the dark. I guess once you reach a certain age everyone assumes you won't be interested in sex anymore.

However, what struck me as prudish is that fact that none of the sites whatsoever, suggested anal sex as an alternative, without dabbling in unproven remedies.

LuvMyWifesAss

Post by LuvMyWifesAss » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:55 am

I helped a couple on my BLOG that were having this issue. They had started having anal sex instead, but were concerned about long term effects. He found my BLOG while researching the issue and emailed me about it. I'm happy to say he emailed me some time later to thank me and tell me their sex life was better than it had ever been and that they both agreed they wouldn't even want to try vaginal sex again.

I have little doubt this plays a role in many older couples trying anal sex as an alternative. It too bad most wouldn't even think it could be a superior replacement for vaginal sex.

marcus

Post by marcus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:46 am

Oh? Is your blog still active? I do check it now and again.

They were fortunate to have found a solution to their problem. Rather than opting for the obvious solution, most of the advice makes for a depressing read: do nothing your sex life is over. Tragic really, when despite the awful situation they could be embarking on a truly intimite journey together.