Chance of infection

Curious about the anal only lifestyle or anal sex in general but have questions or concerns? Ask away here.
Robert

Chance of infection

Post by Robert » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:52 am

I know with anal sex there is a small chance of getting a UTI, usually more likely for the female. I'm just curious what the chances are for the male. The reason I ask is that early on when we had anal is was always very careful to wash after but now we have more anal than vaginal and nothing ever happened I've got kind of lazy. The usual routine is to let my cock pulse away up her ass after I've cum until she wants to sleep and I slip it out. By then I'm often too sleepy myself and before I know it I've drifted off myself. I shower in the morning instead, and nothing bad has yet happened. Is it even a concern? I'm not worried for my girlfriend as we don't go near her vagina after we begin our anal activities.

amorous945

Re: Chance of infection

Post by amorous945 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:15 am

It doesn't seen very likely. My habits are much the same as yours, and if memory serves me correctly I don't think that I've ever had a urinary tract infection. Before my wife was working full time, we averaged sex (anal) 3 to 4 times per week. Now, it's more like twice a week. This has been our normal routine for at least 17 years, but we've been having anal sex to some extent for over 30 years. I know that it's possible, but it seems that "things" tend to quickly get flushed out before they can take hold.

LuvMyWifesAss

Post by LuvMyWifesAss » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:09 pm

I agree with Amorous. Unless there is noticible feces or smell, the likelyhood is probably small. I have experienced a reproductive tract infection (RTI). I told the urologist how often my wife and I had anal sex, and he said I was a lucky guy :lol: . He also said I was just as likely to get one from oral sex. A week of antibiotics and all was well. Considering we've been having anal sex about four times a week for about 24 years, it doesn't seem like a frequent issue. I probably clean off and/or urinate after about 70% of the time. During sex the urethra is pretty well closed, and the other route gets cleaned out when you cum.

Canassman

Post by Canassman » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:44 pm

I had one uti in all the years of anal we've had & I know always urinate afterwards - any bacterial residue is washed away - no issues

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:35 pm

As others have noted, ejaculation is going to do a pretty good job of flushing out any bacteria that may have found its way into your urethra. Urination after is going make infection even less likely, but may not be necessary.

Robert

Post by Robert » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:49 am

Thanks all. Good to know there shouldn't be any concerns. I've only ever heard about women and UTI's as there isn't much information about men and anal sex (as usual). Perhaps I've been needlessly over zealous before. Now I can luxuriate in her slippery bumhole and fall asleep after shooting my load! :D And anyway, having to head for the shower immediately kind of sucks and kills the mood.

marcus

Post by marcus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:36 am

I've had about one infection in over 20 years of regular anal sex. And I don't even know if that was caused by anal sex. It is much harder for bacteria to reach the bladder in a man as the urethra is that much longer. For most people who drink enough fluids and so regularly flush their system, this is no concern at all. There are many more things to worry about; so enjoy her "slippery bumhole" :lol:

nopussy

Post by nopussy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:05 pm

I don't know what the chances of infection are, but I always wash thoroughly afterwards. Even aside from the risk of infection, I wouldn't want to leave it unwashed - an asshole is an asshole, after all, no matter how sexy they are.

If you're worried about infection, you can also drink a lot of water slightly before and afterwards. Peeing a lot helps flush out the urethra.