Simple suggestion to users

Discussions about the Anal Only Lifestyle forum and blog themselves and their management rather than the subject matter therein.
Haunter

Simple suggestion to users

Post by Haunter » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi everyone, I'm the last sheep jumped into the boat while outside is raining... :-)
I've decided to post my idea here, because this was maybe the more suitable section for doing it.

I noticed users having an image (avatar) are not the most part. I invite you to add your own, in order to have a more personal profile and mostly to make easier and more immediate for other users to recognize you in the various discussions.

*For the forum administrators: I know the image is required both to be within 90x90 pixels and within 6kb... It's a rather restricting condition! Anyway if you cannot avoid that limitation, I suggest everyone (link at the bottom of this post) an online and free site for modifying pictures even in size and weight, so you will be able to choose any image and reduce its dimensions to the right ones for your avatar (I noticed efforts to find in the web a good 90x90 or inferior picture was a tough task!)

https://pixlr.com/express/
Think, it's free ;-)

sadomina

Re: Simple suggestion to users

Post by sadomina » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:29 am

Thanks for that site you provided. It's nice and convenient. :) I'm usually too lazy for avatars on forums, but they do make things seem less impersonal. I kind of like having pictures to match to user names sometimes.

By the way, is that an Ergo Proxy avatar?

Haunter

Post by Haunter » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:28 am

Hi sadomina! Thank you for having picked up into practice my suggestion... Absolutely right!! He's Vincent Law, I didn't expect anyone to recognize it so easily. I liked very much that anime, mainly because of the atmosphere it provided (instead the plot is going to melt towards the end as regards logical structure in my opinion, even if I don't remember the details)
Think, it's free ;-)

Haunter

Post by Haunter » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:24 am

Well, I write here again hoping this discussion will turn more visible again...
I'm happy to see plenty of new members here, which are actively participating (very good thing!), but... Many of us still don't have an image, meaning an avatar, on their prfile.

I suggest everyone to have their one, first because this way we can recognize each other at first sight effortlessly, and also because it's fun and gives a personal touch to your profiles.
Think, it's free ;-)

Haunter

Post by Haunter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Well, I notice many of us have chose an avatar, as I hoped and recommended!
You made me happy, mates :lol:
Think, it's free ;-)

MrsCanassman

Post by MrsCanassman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:13 pm

*sigh* I have been trying but the parameters are so specific that I have not been successful with an avatar pic. I will keep trying.

Haunter

Post by Haunter » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:48 pm

MrsCanassman wrote:*sigh* I have been trying but the parameters are so specific that I have not been successful with an avatar pic. I will keep trying.

Don't worry! Just follow my link to Pixrl at the bottom of my starting message: there you will be able resizing your picture. It's free! If you had troubles, let me know :)
Think, it's free ;-)