Forum upgraded

Discussions about the Anal Only Lifestyle forum and blog themselves and their management rather than the subject matter therein.
analsexonly
Site Admin

Forum upgraded

Post by analsexonly » Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 pm

The forum has been upgraded to the latest version of its software, which cleans up the interface somewhat and adds assorted new features. Enjoy, and if you encounter any issues, let us know in here!

analsexonly
Site Admin

Re: Forum upgraded

Post by analsexonly » Tue May 22, 2018 6:53 am

The ability to @mention people has been added to the forum. When you type someone's username with an @ in front of it, it will pop up the matching names in a list, you can select one, and it will highlight that person's name in the post as well as give them a notification that they were mentioned in a post. For example: @analsexonly.

FarmerDan

Post by FarmerDan » Wed May 23, 2018 11:40 pm

FYI I got the 'forum is being upgraded' message (and nothing else) on my phone browser for a few days until I tried clearing the cache.

No such problem on my PC.

I've never had this happen on any other forum so it's probably not doing much for the user count. Maybe there's a site setting that would prevent this happening?
It's a lifestyle folks not a 2 minute sprint

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Thu May 24, 2018 8:47 pm

The forum caches pretty aggressively to optimize load times, but it seems to have picked users back up fine post-upgrade for the most part.

analsexonly
Site Admin

Post by analsexonly » Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm

I've installed an extension which adds a "Similar Topics" section to the bottom of threads, allowing an easy way to find other related threads across the forum.