Request for Comment: Personals Section

Discussions about the Anal Only Lifestyle forum and blog themselves and their management rather than the subject matter therein.
Haunter

Re: Request for Comment: Personals Section

Post by Haunter » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:14 am

Sgt_Valk wrote:There are actually a lot of women on this site, but the vast majority of them are in a relationship already lol.

True, but I get the occasion given by your words to remind (not speaking aiming at anyone in particular! Just a theoretical reflection) that... In my opinion monogamy, that is "1-1 exclusive relationship", is not the only nor mandatory form of bond between lovers.

(I made a thread on this, but unluckily still I don't know how to type links :roll:)
Think, it's free ;-)

Sgt_Valk

Post by Sgt_Valk » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:42 pm

You do make a good point and i have read through your topic on monogamous relationships, but even in the AO community, being as counter cultural as it is, monogamy is still highly present and protected among a lot of us.

So yes there may be couples out there looking for more to add more people to their relationship, it is much less likely.

Again, that is a good point regardless.
The Sgt

MissChief

Post by MissChief » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:49 am

Okay a few issues but methinks we can figure it out.

1. Our safety and your responsibility = liability. So basically you have to verify people as being who they really say they are and not bots, catfish, scammers or serial killers. Then you are gonna need to be banning people for harassing other users and other stuff. You can ban them from sending private messages or using the personals section, or both. I don't really know.

And if somebody gets hurt and a bunch of drama and harassment goes on, it will drive people away from the community. And most of the people getting pushed out will be women. You can only handle so many dick pics and threats before you give up. And our community is going to look as bad as Fetlife where too many users and especially women feel like the whole lifestyle is abusive.

2. Privacy privacy privacy and privacy. If people are putting personal info out there to try and meet people then we MUST limit what they advertise about their self or let them delete their accounts and all their posts. Maybe both?

And it's just my own hangup I s'pose because I have had really miserable experiences with online dating, but if not enough local anal only people are near us then maybe it makes more sense to just keep promoting the lifestyle so more people try and adopt it? I mean maybe we can do both but I don't want the original purpose of this place to become meaningless because the place is overrun by people just wanting to find a fuckbuddy or partner. And personally we should be serious about how important sexual compatibility is for finding love but I've talked about that in other threads and I know lots of you have different opinions which is totally fine. Just know what it is you expect and make your intentions clear to whoever you meet.

singleinDC

Post by singleinDC » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:48 am

I can't quite pinpoint why, but I feel like a personals qsection would be a bad idea. Maybe it's because I feel like the type of person who signs up to post an ad is not here for the right reasons and will not add much to the discussions here. And maybe I'm overreacting, but I feel like a personals section would intimidate some people who would just want to sign up for actual discussion of the lifestyle.

BackdoorDeliveryman3

Post by BackdoorDeliveryman3 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:32 am

A free Personals Section would be wonderful for some of us who are in search of single individual who practice anal sex. One issue I would be most concerned about with many personals section are the scammers... :?:

FarmerDan

Post by FarmerDan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:18 am

Good points Scioness. This place is great the way it is.
You others, go check out FetLife. It's a community, not a personals site but it deals with most of those issues thanks to a very hard working crew, it's a good place to meet like minds, and it's heading towards a million members from all over the world.
It's a lifestyle folks not a 2 minute sprint

Haunter

Post by Haunter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:25 am

Any step forward or conclusion reached on this topic? :)
Think, it's free ;-)

Analonely

Post by Analonely » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:37 pm

scioness wrote:Okay a few issues but methinks we can figure it out.

1. Our safety and your responsibility = liability. So basically you have to verify people as being who they really say they are and not bots, catfish, scammers or serial killers. Then you are gonna need to be banning people for harassing other users and other stuff. You can ban them from sending private messages or using the personals section, or both. I don't really know.

And if somebody gets hurt and a bunch of drama and harassment goes on, it will drive people away from the community. And most of the people getting pushed out will be women. You can only handle so many dick pics and threats before you give up. And our community is going to look as bad as Fetlife where too many users and especially women feel like the whole lifestyle is abusive.

2. Privacy privacy privacy and privacy. If people are putting personal info out there to try and meet people then we MUST limit what they advertise about their self or let them delete their accounts and all their posts. Maybe both?

And it's just my own hangup I s'pose because I have had really miserable experiences with online dating, but if not enough local anal only people are near us then maybe it makes more sense to just keep promoting the lifestyle so more people try and adopt it? I mean maybe we can do both but I don't want the original purpose of this place to become meaningless because the place is overrun by people just wanting to find a fuckbuddy or partner. And personally we should be serious about how important sexual compatibility is for finding love but I've talked about that in other threads and I know lots of you have different opinions which is totally fine. Just know what it is you expect and make your intentions clear to whoever you meet.

She's got a solid case there, your honor. I endorse it.

F655A

Post by F655A » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:49 am

A sub-forum for those hoping to find other like-minded individuals could be an inspiration to many, should they choose to use it.
On the other hand..
The very real potential negative impact is that the door would then be open to attracting predators. Bringing such lurkers out into the open would certainly change the traffic, and the nature of the site overall.

Haunter

Post by Haunter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:17 am

F655A wrote:A sub-forum for those hoping to find other like-minded individuals could be an inspiration to many, should they choose to use it.
On the other hand..
The very real potential negative impact is that the door would then be open to attracting predators. Bringing such lurkers out into the open would certainly change the traffic, and the nature of the site overall.

Well, if the danger is so, why don't we preserve things here good as they are and start something like an AO dating app or whatever similar focussed not just merely on sex but on possible long relationships? It seems we are the larger online AO group, so probably no one else would do such a thing, if not much ahead in the future. What do you think?
Think, it's free ;-)