Some problems with position?

Curious about the anal only lifestyle or anal sex in general but have questions or concerns? Ask away here.
Valkyrie25

Some problems with position?

Post by Valkyrie25 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:19 pm

So I have a random question/problem. My boyfriend and I have been thinking about starting to be anal-only, but we can only do it in doggy style. We've tried other positions, but missionary hurt me, and me riding him hurt him (he thinks I wasn't relaxed enough for it to work right). Does anyone have any advice about that? Do I just need to stretch myself more or use more lube? I'm not sure how to fix it exactly haha

marcus

Re: Some problems with position?

Post by marcus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:10 pm

As you've found, doggy is often the easiest and most natural start to anal. Few experience difficulties with that position.

But you're not alone with finding missionary difficult. My wife never found it comfortable at all. Perhaps there is a way, but we gave up on that years ago as we were happy with other positions. Our favorite is spoons, so perhaps that is worth trying. Along with doggy I feel it is one of the best if not the best for anal. You can relax the most and he gets to go deep, so there's something for both of you.

I'm trying to picture how you riding him could hurt him. Are you straddling with legs flat either side of him or squatting over him?

Are you both new to anal? I don't think this is a stretching/lube issue, but probably a case of not relaxing or finding the proper angle.

Robert

Post by Robert » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Well done on discussing going anal only with you boyfriend. I wish my girlfriend and I were at that stage - it would make life much easier! - but not yet. Soon I hope :D Its amazing that you're that close and going anal only is only going to make it better!

What's wrong sticking to doggy? If it works why change? You could try plugs. I was dobtful when people told me but my girlfriend like them and they help relax her anus. Could be other positions are tightning it up or something?

Advent

Post by Advent » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:41 pm

I have noticed that, with her on top, my wife needs to either be moving regularly or leaning all the way forward. Otherwise the circulation to my legs gets cut off.

You might try simply leaning forward when on top and see if that helps. It's probably the pressure on his legs that's a problem.

Another good 'beginner' position is spooning. It leaves no pressure on either person.

As for missionary, I suspect that's an 'advanced' position. My wife didn't care for it, either, until after we'd done quite a bit of anal.

BBells

Post by BBells » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:54 am

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I have always foun missionary the easiest way to take it. It's more comfortable and I like being able to look my partner in the eyes. The only thing I can really think of is practice. It gets better with experience and obviously communication. Lots I lube goes a long way as well. And if it hurts or get uncomfortable, stop. There's nothing wrong with saying stop.

amorous945

Post by amorous945 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:42 pm

I would suggest starting off in the doggy position, as usual, and continuing this way until you feel relaxed enough to switch positions. When you're ready to move to the missionary position, lie on your back on the edge of the bed and draw your legs back towards your chest, holding them back while your partner enters from a position of standing on the floor. If the bed is high enough and your legs are drawn back towards your chest, the angle of penetration for anal is better this way for some people.

luv2play45

Post by luv2play45 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:14 pm

My wife is a bit like you.
She never liked the missionary position for anal, preferring doggy where she would position herself at the edge of the bed while I stood behind her with one leg on the floor and one leg by her side on the bed.
But this position became tiring for the long sessions we were doing so we eventually came upon a combination of spooning & doggie that suits us very well.

She lies on her right side with her right leg extended and her left leg drawn up slightly.
I kneel over her right leg with my knees on either side of her leg.
This allows me good access to her anus and I can rise up slightly on my knees and rock back & forth once I'm in.
Once we get going she takes her Whal vibrator, reaching over her drawn up left leg, placing the vibrator on her clit.
I should explain that the Whal is not a wand type but has a 90 degree angle from the body of the vibrator to the "nub" part.
http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Corded-Hand- ... d+massager
She uses a light silicone lube called Slippery Stuff on the nub of the vibrator.
This has become our "position of choice" for our anal sessions.

marcus

Post by marcus » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:51 am

That's a good position luv2play45. My wife and myself have done it on a number of occasions and also the variation where she has both legs raised. Essentially she's in the same position as for spoons but I'm the one kneeling. Both are really good if you're into going as deep as you can get.

luv2play45

Post by luv2play45 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks for that tip Marcus.
I had a GF once that I had introduced to anal and she ended up loving it (happens pretty often according to the posters on this board).
She liked the position where she would lie on her back with her right leg drawn up.
I would lie on my side, somewhat perpendicular to her with her right leg over my body.
I'm not sure if my legs were under her left leg, over it or scissoring her leg.
I have seen this position described in a book.
I could fuck her ass and rub her clit at the same time which never ceased to get her off.

nopussy

Post by nopussy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:30 pm

BBells wrote:Perhaps I'm in the minority but I have always foun missionary the easiest way to take it.

Same with my girlfriend.

In fact, doggy was one of the more difficult positions for her. We'd been having anal sex for over a year before she really liked that position. It's still not one of her favourites.